Wellness Recipes: Diabetes
Posted November 6, 2017 by admin
WELLNESS RECIPES ni Chef Jeremy
RECIPE: MA-TA Rice (Malunggay and Taro Rice)
- 2 cups taro (peeled and diced finely-like rice)
- 1/3 cup minced malunggay leaves
- 1/2 medium white onion (finely minced)
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrots
- Seaweed salt
- Vegetable oil
- Chicken, as sahog
- In a non-stick pan, sauté onion in vegetable oil until translucent over low – medium heat.
- Add carrots, stir and cook for another minute.
- Toss in par-boiled taro and mix in malunggay leaves. Cook for a minute over the same heat.
- Turn off the heat and season accordingly with seaweed salt and pepper. Adjust to your own taste. Set aside.
- Pan fry marinated chicken in a separate non-stick pan until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve the matarice on top of your mock tocino.
- Drizzle with honey on the side and garnish with fried malunggay leaves on top.