WELLNESS RECIPES ni Chef Jeremy
RECIPE: Sinabawang Salmon sa Kamatis
- 2-3 pcs salmon loin /fillet
- Seaweed salt
- 7 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 white onion (minced)
- 12 native tomatoes (seeded and julienned)
- Olive oil for pan frying
- 3-4 cups water
- Bay leaf
- Spring onion for garnish
- In a non-stick deep heavy bottomed pot, pan fry salmon fillet (rubbed with some seaweed salt), (skin side down first) in olive oil for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Set aside the salmon fillet. In the same pot, sauté onion garlic and tomatoes.
- Cook until garlic becomes fragrant, onions become translucent, and tomatoes start to wilt.
- Add in bay leaf. Adjust seasonings, seaweed salt and pepper.
- Pour in water and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Serve salmon fillets in a bowl and transfer the broth in a teapot (so the liquid would always be piping hot)
- Garnish with fresh spring onions.
RECIPE: Left-over Ice Cream Bread
- 1 pint (2 cups) ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- Stir together ice cream and flour, stirring just until flour is moistened. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack.
Note: Batter may also be divided evenly between 2 greased and floured 5- x 3-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.