Wellness Recipes: Ovarian Cyst
Posted May 28, 2018 by admin
WELLNESS RECIPES ni Chef Jeremy
RECIPE: “CAMACHOS” (Crispy red camote “nachos” with garlic cheese sauce)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp HG seaweed salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1 bundle red camote tops leaves (large size)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cornstarch (as first coating before the batter)
Garlic cheese sauce:
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 7 cloves grated garlic
- HG Seaweed salt
- Heat vegetable oil in deep frying pot.
- Transfer the camote leaves in dry cornstarch powder seasoned with seaweed salt then dip lightly in the batter mixture.
- Deep fry to a crisp and drain excess oil in paper towels.
- Make the cheese sauce: in a non-stick pan melt margarine over low heat and sauté grated garlic.
- Add flour, this will serve as your roux. Then toss in milk and then add grated cheese. Simmer over low heat until it you reach a thicker consistency.
- Serve crispy red camote chips in a parchment paper cone (and a temaki style holder)