Healing Sangkap: Siopao-wer
Season 11, Baradong Ugat sa Puso
Posted October 29, 2018 by admin
- 4 cups flour
- 3 tbsp shortening or lard
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 tsp HG Seaweed Salt
- 1 white onion (minced)
- 2-3 boiled egg whites
- 1 cup tinapa flakes
- 1/2 cup diced asparagus
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed Orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped wansoy
- 2 tbsp HG Honey
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe avocado
- Soften yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in lukewarm water. Set aside for from 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix together sugar, salt, and oil in a bowl. Add softened yeast. Add half of the flour and mix well.
- Add remaining flour and continue mixing till well blended; knead on floured board until smooth.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl. Grease surface of dough.
- Cover with wet cloth and let rise for from 30 to 40 minutes in a warm place.
- Punch down dough, divide it into 90 grams pieces (or just divide it into 8 pieces), form into balls and let them rise again for 30 minutes.
- Make the filling by sautéing all the filling ingredients.