Wellness Recipes: Stroke
Posted May 18, 2017 by admin
WELLNESS RECIPES ni Chef Jeremy
RECIPE: SQUI-SIG (squid sisig)
Equipment needed: sizzling plate
- 2 large squids (wash and trim ink sacks)
- 1 large white onion (diced)
- 3 large tomatoes (quartered, julienned and seeded, of course)
- 1 laurel leaf
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 1 siling haba
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Seaweed salt
- 1/3 cup water
- Spring onion for garnish
- Fish skin chicharon (optional as topping)
- 1 pc toasted wheat bread
- Rub some seaweed salt on the squid and let it stand for 3-4 minutes. Grill squid 3-4 minutes per side then allow it to cool
- Chop the squid into small cubes (same size as the meat sa normal na sisig)
- In a non stick pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until translucent and garlic until fragrant.
- Add bay leaf and lemongrass. Stir for another minute.
- Half the aromatic mixture and add the chopped squid. Cook for another minute.
- Remove from the pan and bring back half the aromatic mixture.
- Add tomatoes and cook until it slightly wilts.
- Pour water and simmer for another minutes.
- Assembly! Transfer in the sizzling plate, and top with the rest of the ingredients.