Healing Sangkap: Soup-Popeye (Spinach with Alugbati Soup)
Season 10, Tongue Mass + Thyroid Condition
Posted February 20, 2018 by admin
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup alugbati leaves
- 1 medium sized potato peeled and diced)
- 4-5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 white onion bulb (minced)
- 1 celery stalk (minced)
- 1/3 cup carrots (minced)
- 1 egg (just the egg whites)
- 1/3 cup onion leeks (chopped very thinly for garnish)
- Seaweed salt
- Vegetable oil
- 2-3 cups water
- In a small stock pot, sauté onion, celery and carrots in vegetable oil over low-medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Cook for another minute and reserve a spoonful of this flavor base (for garnish)
- Add potato and cook until fork tender.
- Add greens and sauté for another minute. Season with seaweed salt and pepper.
- Add water and simmer for another minute. Turn of off the heat.
- Transfer in a blender and purée mixture.
- Bring it back to the pan and add egg whites. Simmer for a few seconds before plating it piping hot.