Wellness Recipes: Trigger Finger
Posted November 6, 2017 by admin
WELLNESS RECIPES ni Chef Jeremy
RECIPE: MONAY DE MORNAY (Monay with Cheese Sauce)
- Non-stick pan
- Oven toaster (optional)
- 6 pcs. Monay bread
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 cup fresh milk/ evap
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Seaweed salt
- Fresh parsley as topping or fried malunggay leaves as garnish
- In a non-stick pan, melt butter/margarine. Add flour. This will serve as your thickener (roux)
- Add milk and keep stirring over low heat. Use a silicon spatula so that it doesn’t damage or scrape non-stick coating on your pan.
- Add cheese and cook until it melts over very low heat. Season with seaweed salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Make a bowl or small cups with your monay bread.
- Pour cheese mixture over bread cups.
- Option: if popping on an oven toaster, brush the bread with some milk on the side so it doesn’t dry up.
- Top with fresh parsley or fried malunggay leaves as garnish.